As reported on ScooterFile.com, by Eric Almendral, the pricing and release date of the much anticipated Vespa 946 has been announced.
Much has been said and debated about this model (including whether or not it will be 125cc or 150cc in the U.S.), but, basically here is the lowdown:
- It will have a MSRP of $9,946 (quaint, matching the price with the model designation, right? right....)
- It will be released here in the USA in November of this year (June release date for Europe)
- It will be the first scoot to feature both ABS and ASR traction control
- It will come with aluminum side panels and front fender (instead of plastic)
- It will have the new 3V injected engine
It seems that all indications are now pointing to this being a limited edition run, specialty scooter, as it is not expected to replace the LX model line. A new LX, or other mid-size scooter model, is supposed to be coming out, and may be revealed this coming Fall.